Thursday, January 10, 2013

Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin

Forever My Girl (The Beaumont, #1)Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.

And now I’m going back.

After ten years.

I hope I can explain that after all this time.

I still want her to be my forever girl
.



Juls Review
Even if this book didn’t follow every other books concept I would still have given this only 2 stars. I wasn’t impressed at all about a boy who left all the plans he made with the love of his life to pursue something that never entered his vocabulary when he and she were together. If Liam would have tried harder to explain to Josie what he wanted and needed she would have understood and stuck by him and help him follow his dreams. But instead he took the cowards way out. Not attractive at all if you ask me.

I’m honestly surprised at how a person can be left behind like the way Josie was and yet when the boy who broke her heart to tiny little pieces comes back into the picture and she becomes nothing but a blubbering mess.
Yes Liam was the love of her life and they planned the perfect American dream. 2.5 kids and house with a white picket fence and they would live happily ever after. Not in this case.

I get it, Liam wanted to live his life to the fullest. Have no regrets. Except he regrets it all. So what was the whole damn purpose of all of it? I’m still trying to figure it out and I don’t get it. It doesn’t make a lick of sense!
Liam was this great guy who wanted to prove that Josie was worthy of so much more but when it came down to it he was just as shitty as his parents. All I got from him was how selfish and arrogant he is and just cuz he’s a hot shot rock star he should get whatever and whoever he wants.

I had a hard time liking any of the characters. Liam and Josie for obvious reasons but Nick too. He might have been just a victim in all this but he was shady from the beginning. His antics even in the flash backs were kinda creepy.

I honestly wanted the one character that couldn’t come back. Mason seemed like this awesome person that we got to know after the fact. He leaves behind a great family and I felt so sorry for their loss.

View all my reviews

No comments: