Friday, August 29, 2014

This is Falling by Ginger Scott - Review

This is Falling



First, I had to remember how to breathe. Then, I had to learn how to survive. Two years, three months and sixteen days had passed since I was the Rowe Stanton from before, since tragedy stole my youth and my heart went along with it.

When I left for college, I put a thousand miles between my future and my past. I’d made a choice—I was going to cross back to the other side, to live with the living. I just didn’t know how.

And then I met Nate Preeter.

An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t.

My heart was dead, and I was never supposed to belong to anyone. But Nate Preeter had me feeling, and he made me want to be his. He showed me everything I was missing.

And then he showed me how to fall




Ginger Scott
Ginger Scott

A Little About Me

Ginger Scott-EidenI tell stories for a living. It’s a pretty great gig, actually. Each story has led to an amazing encounter, be it a new appreciation for the view from atop a polo horse to a deeper understanding of what it means to be the parent of a child with autism. I’ve told the stories of Olympians, comedians, doctors, teachers, politicians, activists, criminals, heroes and towns. You can check out a small sampling here or, heck, just Google me — my journalism work is usually under Ginger Eiden. I published my debut novel, Waiting on the Sidelines, in spring 2013, and in July 2014, I published my fourth novel, a new-adult romance about hard choices and second chances. My fifth book, a really raw college romance called This Is Falling will be out later this summer!

As always, I’d love to hear from you.




Excerpt : 

Rowe

I was feeling brave when I picked McConnell. It was one of those afternoons where everything was suffocating me, and the college packet was just staring me in the face.

Two years of being homeschooled by a woman who taught economics at the state university would prepare anyone for a stellar performance on their SATs. The test was actually easy. I finished quickly and didn’t even spend time checking answers like all of the prep books told me to do. I turned in my booklet to the campus proctor and got the hell out of the testing room. Three weeks later, it showed up in the mail—a 2390, near perfect. That meant scholarships. And scholarships meant options.

For months, I fought the idea of going away to school. I’m not ready to be out, to be on my own. I don’t think I’ll ever be ready. Two years of homeschooling also left me a little out of practice when it comes to social interaction. And college is all about social interaction.

My parents were pushing me. I don’t think they thought I’d call their bluff and pick a school a thousand miles away. But I was hoping they’d call mine when I slid the McConnell acceptance across the table to them.

They didn’t. My dad smiled and looked at my mother, both of them breathing deeply, ready to take this step. I wasn’t. I’m still not. I’m not even remotely close to ready. But I want to be. I’m desperate to be ready. I’ve spent the last seven hundred days of my life seeing everyone else live from my self-imposed bubble. My biggest romance was watching some couple fall in love on a reality TV show, and the only prom I attended was in a movie. It’s like I’m caught in an internal tug-of-war with myself—my heart begging to beat from thrill, but caged by fear.


Click here to read the rest of  Chapter 1 on Ginger Scott's blog 

Jen's Review - My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Totally loved this book!!!!

Rowe isn't a normal girl - she is shy - but it's more than being shy, she's afraid - of everything. She wasn't always like this - but when she was 16, something happened. She lost her best friend, her boyfriend was living as a vegetable, and she survived everything.
For 2 years she was home schooled and afraid to leave her house and those she trusted - but 2 years later when she needed to leave for college, she couldn't go through with it.

But 2 years is a long time to live your life in solitude. She didn't want that anymore - so she pushed away her fears and tried. With the promise from her parents that she could return, she tried.

Nate is a good guy. Not a typical Jock. But he's had his heart broken and had his rebellious ways - now he's tired of living the life of a single guy and wants to find someone who wants to stay with him.

When he sees Rowe, she's just his type.

But Nate doesn't fully understand why Rowe needs to sit in the back corner booth so she can watch the whole restaurant. But it doesn't bother him. As long as she's happy, he's happy.

Their relationship started off good and strong - they had great chemistry and a lot of fun together. Some of their pranks were off the charts hilarious. Their back and forth teasing was fun.

We got a glimpse of Ty - Nate's older brother and Cass - Rowe's roommate and best friend. They look like they have a good story - and after you read this book, you get a peek into the next story - and i CAN'T WAIT!!!

Loved this story to pieces :)


No comments: