Friday, February 24, 2017

Dear Heart, I Hate You: by J. Sterling

Dear Heart, I Hate You: A Stand Alone Contemporary Romance by [Sterling, J.]

Dear Heart, I Hate You: A Stand Alone Contemporary Romance   by J. Sterling


JULES
I didn’t plan on him....
Or for him.
Or anything that had to do with Cal Donovan from Boston.
Meeting him had been a complete and utter surprise, taking me completely off guard. I met new people every single day in my line of work and none of them affected me. Wasn’t that the way of things though? You could meet a thousand people and none of them would mean anything to you, but then you’d meet one and they suddenly meant everything.
I was a self-professed workaholic. When did making yourself your number one priority become such a horrible thing? I wasn’t entirely sure, but I learned fairly quickly after my last breakup that men didn’t like being second on a woman's priority list. And they seemed to be intimidated by a motivated female, calling me things like “hard to handle,” “challenging, ” and “difficult.”
Being single seemed to work best for me and I had no plans on changing my relationship status anytime soon.
And then I met Cal.
And he f*****g ruined everything.



Author :J.Sterling 

An image posted by the author.

Jenn enjoys hearing from her readers:
Website & Blog: http://www.j-sterling.com 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheRealJSterling 
Instagram: @RealJSterling
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RealJSterling



Jen's Review 3.5 Stars

Cute story - For those that read romances and want to believe it's real, but secretly doubt it's real, this is a good story for you (us) 

Jules is a workaholic - she doesn't have time for dating, And she doesn't believe in one night stands. But that's ok, because she doesn't need a man to make her happy. She loves her job and is good at it. That's what she's worked so hard for. 

So when she's at a work conference in Boston, and comes across a strange man who just clicks with her instantly, well who is she to turn it away? 

Cal is just as much of a workaholic as Jules is. His life is going in the direction he wants it to be and knows that in a couple years, after he makes partner and settles in, maybe he'll start looking for love. But until then, he's more than ok with how things are.

The chemistry between these two seem to skyrocket from the first time they glance at each other. So they talk, and get to know each other. There is just one small detail they seem to overlook - Jules lives in California, Cal is in Boston. Both are married to their jobs - so how do two people with explosive chemistry make it work?? It's not easy - especially when they're both in ddenial:) 

Really cute story - it was fun to see these two get together and see how far things went. After all, they both knew it wouldn't last :) 

No comments: