Sunday, April 23, 2017

Unbeautiful Series: The Complete Set by Jessica Sorensen



Amazon - Free KU 

Unbeautiful Series: The Complete Set by Jessica Sorensen 

The Unbeautiful series in a complete set. (2 boos)

Unbeautiful
 Emery You want to know my secrets? What lies beneath the pretty? The scars I can’t let anyone see? The scars tied to my secrets? 
On the outside I appear normal. Some might even say perfect. They say that I’m a pretty girl. They say I should be happy. They say that I have nothing to be angry about. That I’m popular. A cheerleader. That I’m perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. 
But all they see is what’s on the outside. On the inside I’m raw, open, bleeding. Scars that can’t seem to heal the wounds. Carrying dark secrets about who I really am. How afraid I am to tell the truth. And it’s slowly killing me. 

Ryler Tattoos. Piercing. Scars. The guy who can’t speak. Gothic freak. Mute. Punk.
 I’ve heard it all. They say that I’m probably dangerous. They say people should stay away from me.They say. They say. They say. But who are they anyway? To decide what I am. They don’t know what’s hidden beneath the scars. Beneath the piercings and tattoos. The secrets I keep hidden beneath the silence. 
Maybe if they knew, they wouldn’t fear me so much. Then again, maybe they’d fear me more. 


Untamed 
Emery No matter how hard I try, I never seem to be able to escape my family’s world. Their madness controls my life, just like insanity consumes my mind. 
Sometimes it’s hard to tell what’s real. Sometimes it’s hard to tell who I really am. The person everyone sees? Or the one I keep trapped inside? 
I wonder which person Ryler sees. Just like I wonder who I can trust. Wonder. Wonder. Wonder. I wonder too much. I wish I could just find a way to escape it all and finally be free.

 Ryler I live a double life and sometimes I hate myself for it. Watching Emery fall apart—pretending I don’t care—is killing me inside. I want to tell her the truth, but I also want a new life. Want. Want. Want. I want too much. Sometimes it’s hard to tell what I really desire. I wish I could be free from the confusion, free from this life.





Jen's Review 5 Stars 
I don't know what it was about this series - but it kind of had me on edge - like in a freaked out kind of way - it wasn't scary - just intense - and for some reason, this story really grabbed my attention and hooked me from the beginning 

Emery just wants OUT! Out of her house, out of her town, out of her life! She has secrets, and she knows better to tell - and when she finally gets out and moves an hour away for college, she thinks her life can only get better - but she was wrong - her family just won't let her live her life like a normal person! 

Ryler is a sweetheart - trying to do his best, but always getting the bad luck of the deal - he tries to straighten himself out, just to be pulled into something else. 
But when the opportunity arises for him to get a fresh start, clean slate, and a new life - he knows the price is going to be steep.  And it is 

I don't want to give things away - because I read both books at the same time - it's not very long, but not too short either - but in my opinion, it really was a great story! :)  
But I shouldn't be surprised - Jessica Sorensen is a great Author :) 


Image result for unbeautiful by jessica sorensen


Image result for unbeautiful by jessica sorensen



No comments: