Thursday, February 14, 2013

Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry


Dare You To by Katie McGarry
Our Ratings : 5 of 5 stars 


Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
 "I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....






A few  "Awe" moments 


“I like you. I. Like. You. I'll admit you're annoying. Sometimes you agitate me to the brink of insanity, but you can throw it back at me like no one else. When you laugh, I want to laugh. When you smile, I want to smile. Hell, I want to be the one to make you smile.”  




“I won't let you go." I blink. As if he could stop me. "You won't let me go." "No, I won't let you go. You're mine and I don't lose.” 


“It's our rain, Beth.” 





“I’M BUYING YOU A COAT.” 
And I meant it. I opened the car door and slung my leather jacket around her shoulders. 
“It’s February. Why don’t you ever have a damn jacket on?” Echo slid her arms through my coat, closing her eyes as she inhaled. When she finaly opened them, she fluttered her eyelashes, giving me a look of pure seduction. “Maybe I like wearing yours instead.” 
I swalowed. I had plans, and those plans did not involve kissing her against my car. Dammit, she was going to kill me. 
“Congratulations, it’s yours.” 



Juls Review



I have to say I was way disappointed when I found out that Beth doesn’t end up with Isaiah. Yes their relationship was messed up but they made it work, right?

I was way wrong about them making it work. Beth needed something stable. The shit this girl has gone through in her life, she didn’t need the drugs or instability. She needed someone to ground her.

Someone like the straight laced Ryan. But he’s got skeletons in his closet too. His life isn’t as perfect as everyone see it. His parents may seem like the perfect couple but they fight all the time and his brother is no longer acceptable to be home. Life is falling apart as Ryan knows it. But this goth chick, this girl who he would never have thought would be a part of his life becomes his constant. Beth makes his chaos at home disappear when she’s around.

They may think they are wrong for each other but they are what each need to survive.

Loved this story about Ryan and Beth. Their relationship may have started under false pretense but what blossomed was something no one can ever really describe into words what may be one of the most beautiful love stories.

View all my reviews



She Says I Can't, I Say I Can...



Beth Risk/The Skater Chick:
Cant…
“Guys like him don’t go for girls like me.” - Beth




Ryan Stone/The Baseball Jock:
Can…
“I don’t lose and that includes losing you.” – Ryan








Jen's Review 


Well I really did think Beth and Isiah were good together, but when you bring in Ryan .. wow!

I thought it would have been different though. When I thought of beth in Pushing the Limits, I thought she was a badass biker chick type girl.

But once you get to know her, you realize she really isn't all that badass at all. She just hides her softer side.

When Beth takes the fall for her mom and lands herself in jail, the only person left to bail her out is her Uncle Scott.
When Scott finds out that Beth needs help, he's going to do whatever he can to get her out of her mother's hooks.

Beth isn't happy about being blackmailed into going to live with Scott. She missed him, though. But he left her to live her life in the hell that she lived in while he went off to be something. She resented him.

He still had his hooks in her though, so she agreed to go to school and be an upstanding citizen.

Scott introduces Beth to Ryan. Ryan and Beth met once before, in fact, just a few days ago, when Ryan hit on her and tried to score her phone number for a dare.
Ryan's instant attraction to the stubborn beauty shocked him almost as much as it shocked everyone else when they saw Beth.
But he liked how she talked. She said whatever was on her mind. Nothing about her was fake.

But Beth wasn't going to fall for it. She had experience from the popular jocks trying to get into her pants, then treat her like crap before. She knew it was the only thing Ryan wanted.

When Beth found out that Ryan was going to be practicing in town as her mother, she decided to use it to her advantage.
But it backfired on her, and Ryan was pissed. But since he helped her, she had to help him.

One more dare ... well not really because she dared him a few other times in the book - like that last kiss?!?! HOT! lol

It was a fun story to read. I enjoyed Beth's story - I can't wait for Isaiah's story, because I really feel bad for thinking that Beth was better off with Ryan wile Isiah was lost in the shuffle.  So I'm hoping they'll be able to work things out in the next book when Isiah finds his TRUE LOVE :)




 

No comments: