Monday, February 18, 2013

The Redhead Series by Alice Clayton



The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1)


When Grace Sheridan returns to Los Angeles to become a working actor, it's a second shot at a life-long dream. With some help from her best friend and agent, that dream could become a reality, but at thirty-three, has Grace missed her chance at the big time? Will an unexpected sizzling romance with the entertainment industry's newest 'it' boy shine an uncomfortable spotlight on her life? Alice Clayton spins a playful and erotic May to December romance in this, her debut novel. Clayton's funny, borderline neurotic heroine is perfect in her imperfections, and the off the charts sexual chemistry between her and her charming, yet blissfully unaware leading man are the true heart of The Unidentified Redhead. With laugh out loud dialogue and a super steamy romance that will get your heart racing, sneaking around in L.A. and dodging the Paparazzi has never been so fun.






 Excerpt


 The party was in full swing, and everyone was having a great time. Because Holly only took on talent she truly wanted to invest herself in, they became her close friends as well. They were always at the house, and her circle had become my circle.
"Grace, you can't be serious. Feldman is way hotter than Haim."
I was deep in a discussion with Nick, a screenwriter that Holly had known for years. He had become one of my new friends since I'd moved back and could always be counted on as a good wingman at a party. Tonight we'd been knee deep in the dirty martinis. Extra dirty. He was waiting for an actor to arrive that Holly had recently begun to represent, an actor who apparently was poised to be the next big thing. I had yet to meet him, although Nick had admitted he was, and I quote, "yummy, scrumptious … a bit scruffy, but in a totally hot kind of way." Also, his British accent was "lovely," "to die for," and "knock-me-down-and-fuck-me."
Yeah, Nick was "gay"...
"FINE," I started. "I will admit that Corey Feldman was genius in Goonies and even semi-cute inStand By Me, but no one holds a candle to my Lucas," I protested, determined to win this round. We had recently gotten into a similar discussion about Steve Carell versus Ricky Gervais, and it didn't end well. Someone got scratched.
I heard a snicker behind me and someone said in a "lovely" British accent, "I think you gotta give the edge to Haim, if only for getting to kiss Heather Graham."
I turned to acknowledge the obvious genius of the newcomer who knew License to Drive when I actually saw who it was.
"Hey, you're Super Sexy Scientist Guy!" I cried out in spite of myself, clapping my hands over my mouth as soon as I'd said it. I could feel my face redden instantly. Holly had a picture of this guy on her computer and had been referring to him for the last month as Super Sexy Scientist Guy. This was her new client—the next big thing. He had the lead in a movie slated for a fall release that was already generating big buzz in town. I didn't know much about the movie, but I knew that Holly was very excited to be representing this new actor.
Super Sexy Scientist Guy smiled a confused and somewhat sheepish grin. Did he know how hot that grin was?
Oh yeah, he totally knew.
He extended a hand to me and in the Queen's English he said, "Actually, I'm Super Sexy Jack Hamilton."








Jen's Review 


Great story! Or at least the start of a story!
It was fun getting to know Grace and Jack.

Grace has been about drama her whole life. She's not shy and she really fun and easy to get along with.

While staying with her BFF Holly until her new home is ready to move into, Grace is on cloud 9.

Hanging out with Nick at Holly's work party, they start talking about Holly's newest client. Super Sexy Scientist Guy.

And that's how Jack met Grace.

Jack is a sweetheart of a guy! He is new to the media attention but loves it just the same. Jack isn't a player. He pretty much wears his heart on his sleeve.

Getting to know Grace-Crazy - Nut Girl- and Jack-Bite Down Johnny-George-Sweet Nuts (and the names go on and on :) ) was a lot of fun. their sarcasm and sense of humor is awesome and even when they're trying to be serious they always end up with laughter.

Funny book. I can see how the next book is going to be played. I just hope my heart doesn't break over these two that are now thousands of miles apart :)







_________________________________________________________________________________


The Redhead Revealed (Redhead, #2)
(Book 2)

As their careers catch fire, Grace and Jack -- everyone’s favorite foul-mouthed, funny, and feisty couple -- find themselves on opposite coasts. Grace has landed in New York City, where she loves being onstage again, particularly because she’s playing a fabulous character in a musical written by her old college flame, Michael. Their rekindled friendship makes exploring the city that much more fun. 

Wait, it’s just friendship, right?

Meanwhile, in L.A., Jack can scarcely keep up with the swirling throngs of women who track him everywhere he goes, the endless press appearances, and the ridiculous rules his manager, Holly, keeps concocting for him -- all part of the buildup to the release of Time, his steamy new film.

Thank goodness for phone sex.

But even when their schedules allow them to connect, Grace and Jack must keep their relationship off the radar and away from paparazzi cameras. Sure, the sex is sensational, but can this duo survive swirling rumors, the demands of their chosen professions, Grace’s raging internal battles, and a whopping nine-year age difference? 

Tick-tock, the clock is ticking. Isn’t it?

Alice Clayton brings the second installment of a tale told with her magical mix of humor and heat, so cuddle up under the sheets and flip on the Golden Girls. Grace and Jack are at it again.








 Excerpt


In rehearsal later that morning I saw Jack come in the back of the theater. He walked down to the front, listening to me sing. I saw his face change as he saw me in my element. I also saw his eyes dart toward Michael, who was watching and taking notes from the front row, looking at me in a way that was becoming more and more familiar.
I finished the song, my voice ringing out clear and strong to the back of the house. “Hi, Sweet Nuts!” I yelled as the other actors began to leave the stage. He smiled sheepishly and raised a hand in greeting. The others gawked. Calling a grown man Sweet Nuts tended to make people look twice.
Leslie grinned fiendishly at me, and I raised an eyebrow at her. She’d grilled me relentlessly all morning, making me tell her every detail about how Jack and I met and how long we’d been dating. I told her everything, except of course the details I preferred to keep to myself. I did tell her we were keeping our relationship out of the public eye — not only for his sake, but for mine. I explained that our friends knew, and that was fine, and we were not hiding in a cave somewhere, but if asked in an official way, Jack was single.
She agreed, and as the rest of the cast found out, they also agreed to keep our little secret. Most of them had never even heard of Jack, and only a few were aware of the buzz his film was generating. I knew that would change in the next few weeks, and I was glad they could get to know him now — before he was on every talk show in America.
I jumped off the stage and started for him. “Hey.” I smiled, closing the distance between us quickly.
“Hey yourself,” he answered, smiling back at me with that sexy grin.
I kissed him swiftly, and Leslie swooned behind me. “Wow, wow, wow, wow … ” I heard her chant.
“Shut it, Leslie.” I laughed, kissing on my Brit again.
Jack laughed through my kiss, and we finally broke apart.
“Ahem,” I heard Michael cough and turned to look. He looked at me, then at Jack. “Jack, good to see you again. You having fun in New York?” he asked.
“So far, so good. Of course, we’ve barely left the hotel, but we’re definitely having fun,” Jack said, his hands drifting down to linger on my ass. I rolled my eyes, knowing I was in for another round of verbal dick measurement.
Leslie continued her wow chant behind me.
“Good, good. Grace, remember I need you Monday,” Michael said pointedly, staring at Jack’s hand, then at me.
“You need her Monday, do you?” Jack asked. I poked him in the side.
“We’re working on one last round of rewrites, and I need her input,” Michael said.
“Michael, we discussed this. With Jack here, I really don’t think I’ll have the time. Does it have to be Monday? Can’t it wait until after he leaves?” I pouted, loathing the idea of not spending as much time with Jack as I could while he was here.
“When are you leaving, Jack?” Michael asked. “I mean, so I know when Grace is available.”
“I’m leaving Tuesday night. As for whether Grace is available, you’ll have to ask her,” he said, his voice taking a distinctive tone.
These two …










Jen's Review 


Great series! I am totally loving this chick!

Grace is awesome! Her dream is coming true. She's the star of an off-Broadway musical and things just couldn't get any better - well except she was missing her Brit something fierce.

Weeks after weeks after weeks go by with only phone calls and phone sex to keep them together.
His interviews and photo shoots are taking up all his time. Her rehearsals and re-writes are taking up all her time. How is a 33 year old supposed to keep her 24 year old boyfriend happy from 3000 miles away??

When Jack finally gets a couple of days off and flies to New York, they make the most of their time together, making up for lost time :)

But now that the premier of Time is coming up, Grace's Musical will be opening soon, plus the holidays, they know the worse of their trials are behind them.

When Grace heads back to LA, she hears from Holly about how things will be played out for the premier. They still can't confirm they're together. Jack doesn't care, he wants to world to know. But Grace knows it wouldn't be good for him or her, or the movie if they were caught. so they played things the way they were supposed to.

Grace went to the premier with Nick, and Jack went with the rest of the cast. When Grace sees him with Marcia, her mind starts to real back. She knows they're friends, but she knows they look better together than he does with her.

At this time, Grace is starting to feel her age, and all the pressure with the press. Her mind is telling her that working things out with a 24 year old can only lead to a broken heart. She knows they love each other deeply, but is that really enough??

This book is pretty predictable, especially if you've read Love Unscripted, and know how stressful those movie premiers can be to the girlfriend who's not supposed to be in the spotlight with the one she loves.

but I still read it because I love a good heart break and HEA - and I'm sucker for Jack. He's such a sweetheart!

I truly enjoyed this series a lot so far. I can't wait to find out more about the third book

I have a couple of ideas where the next book will be going - something tells me a baby is involved.. not sure who's though .... Can't wait to read it though :)
It's been 2 years and still no word on book 3 ?? Going to have to do some digging around ...





AH HA!! See dig around a little and you can find anything -
Book #3 still doesn't have a title or a release date, but I did find an excerpt of it over on The Book Vixen's website  .... Enjoy!



 Excerpt to book #3

I went into the kitchen, poured myself a glass of red, and headed out to the patio to wait for Jack. Curling up on the loveseat, I let myself relax into the night. I had barely started to worry about what was taking him so long when I heard a car pull into the driveway. Moments later I saw him walking through the house through the big windows that lined the living room, as he made a weavy sort of path towards the patio. He knew where I’d be.
“C’mere,” he said, his voice quiet but his eyes beginning to darken.
“So…I take it everything went ok?” I asked, pulling the towel off my head and shaking my hair out a bit. “I was getting a bit worried, but I figured you stayed for bit so you could-“
“Grace?” he interrupted.
“Yeah?”
“C’mere,” he repeated, beckoning me forward with two fingers. I let myself be beckoned. As soon as I was close enough he pulled me down onto his lap, pressing the entire length of his body to mine. Whiskey heat poured from his skin, dark and the tiniest bit dangerous.
“I don’t want to talk about tonight,” he whispered into my skin, his jaw sandpapering my neck in a very good way.
“Don’t you think we should? I mean, what happens if-“
“No more talking tonight,” he muttered, his mouth crashing down onto mine.
His lips were sure and insistent, his tongue exploring my mouth with a need that was answered quickly by my own.
His hands pushed up my shift, searching, needing, finding my skin. I shivered at his touch, not just from the chilliness of the nighttime but because his hands on me always had the same effect. I needed him, always.
“I need, Christ, I just need,” he stammered, in between rough kisses on my lips, my cheeks, just under my ear.
“What love, what do you need?” I asked, arching into him, holding him to me.
“Fuck Grace, I need this,” he groaned, his hands strong and not at all gentle. I didn’t always need gentle. And he needed me.



Awe! Sweet Nuts :) I love these two! 
And I'm going to keep digging :) 

No comments: