Monday, October 8, 2012

Calling the Shots - Guest Post with Christine d'Abo

Calling The ShotsCalling The Shots by Christine d'Abo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*Growl*
I knew Josh's story would not disappoint me! I KNEW it was going to be great! I just didn't know how awesome it was going to be :)

He's had a wild ride, and now sex club owner Josh Scott is looking for a change of scene. But first, he's determined to bring two friends together, and he's willing to be a third wheel to move things along...

Beth Norris is eager to be set up with hot bartender Oliver Stephenson, but she's equally attracted to matchmaker Josh. Soon she's fantasizing about both men at once—and about being the one to call the shots in the encounter...

Ready to move on with his life post-divorce, Oliver is conflicted by the realization that he's attracted to women and men. Or more specifically, to Beth and Josh. He tries to keep his distance, but it's not long before the chemistry between the trio combusts in a night of mind-blowing sex.

In the light of day, it's clear something deeper than desire is growing between Josh, Beth and Oliver. But though Josh has helped others find love in unconventional relationships, is he willing to take a chance on one himself?






ChristineMultipublished author Christine d'Abo loves exploring the human condition through a romantic lens. She takes her characters on fantastical journeys that change their hearts and expand their minds. A self-professed sci-fi junkie, Christine can often be found chatting about her favorite shows and movies. When she's not writing, she can be found chasing after her children, dogs or husband.
Christine is published with Carina Press, Ellora's Cave, Samhain Publishing, Cleis Press and Berkley. Please visit her at her blog and come chat with her at Twitter Christine_dAbo.







I have been stalking Ms. a'Dbo ever since I started reading this series back in Sept 2011 - After I read book 3, and she told me about Josh's story that would be coming up, I started sending her tweets pretty much every other week asking for an update  (of course there was only so much she could reveal, so I don't recommend stalking her TOO much, because she's not going to give anything away )  She's so sweet to put up with me - love her *snoopy dances*  whenever she's excited. 
She has some other books out that I can't WAIT to read - mostly her "Dom for sale" book that is on top of my list to read :) 

Anyways - While I was stalking her about Calling the Shots, I told her I was going to set up a special post just for her - She got really excited  (with her Snoopy dance) and agreed to do a guest post VIDEO for our blog! 
So, I'll stop my rambling and let you see her awesome video herself. I love her answers to my questions :D 






 :D  Thank you SO MUCH Christine for doing this! 





And now....  Jen's 5 HOT Review 
I had been waiting for this book since after reading the first book in this series - I fell in love with Josh when Paul and Sadie had their one night with him. I was SO excited when Christine a'Dbo told me she was writing this story, I hounded her for months wanting even a little hint about what it was about.. but she's good - she wouldn't spill anything.

SO now I'm happy I got to read Josh's story -
I remember Beth and Mitch when they got fired from Pulled Long for having sex in the kitchen. Paige didn't want to fire them, but she knew she had to. Then that's all you hear about it and the other books move forward.

So when Beth got her job at Maverick - the sex club Josh owned, and became an assistant manager, I was happy to see where things might lead.
But throw in Oliver, the head bartender, and that just makes this the perfect story.

Josh has never been one to hide his bi-sexual preference. He doesn't prefer one over the other, in fact, he prefers one of each. But living this lifestyle that he chooses, leads him to believe that there will never be a Happily ever after for him. Especially now that Paul and Sadie were together... as a couple.

Beth had always had feelings for Josh. Those innocent caresses, the appreciative kisses. Being the assistant manager, they shared meals together and joked, laughed and had fun while they talked. She didn't keep secrets from Josh. he knew her better than anyone else.  But she knew Josh didn't open up very well. The strong guy would never completely give himself up. 

Then there is Oliver. Oliver has had a very shady marriage, and even though it's over between Malory and himself, he still has issues that haunt his own thoughts.
Oliver has always had his eye on Beth, but was too shy to do anything about it. And the thing with Josh always teasing him, well, that was something Oliver didn't quit know how to categorize.  He didn't know how to explain these feelings for another man. Because he was straight... wasn't he?

Josh saw the way these two look at each other, and made it his mission to get them together before he went to Montréal to open another club. He didn't care about his feelings for the couple, but he wanted to see them happy before he was able to leave.

When someone vandalized the club, Josh was beside himself. Trying to get some distance from everything he went home. 
But he was shocked when both Oliver and Beth showed up on his doorstep after the club closed for the night.

Looks like Beth and Oliver needed some help getting their relationship started. Josh was the perfect person to help.. but is he strong enough to keep his feelings to himself, once these two hit it off??

LOVED this book - Josh is such a sweetheart. You can't help but fall in love with him :D
The perfect ending to this wonderful series.... or is it??  

I will post this review on my blog and amazon on the release date :)  

No comments: