Friday, January 11, 2013

Steel and Lace by Adriane Leigh

Steel and Lace (Lace, #1)Steel and Lace by Adriane Leigh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

 Enigmatic and sexy, Carter Morgan is a wealthy CEO and playboy who keeps a model on his arm and the walls around his heart high. His dangerous good looks and seductive charm gets him whatever he wants— whenever he wants it. That is until he meets Eva.

When Carter locks eyes with smart and spirited fashion editor Eva Austin, sparks fly and worlds collide. He's drawn to her quiet beauty and independent spirit, and she can't deny the overwhelming affect he has on her. Her every instinct tells her to run, but he won't take no for an answer.

They embark on a passionately physical affair and discover that learning to love won't be easy.

This novella is intended for mature audiences. Approx. 12,000 words.

Book #2 available in January 2013.


Juls Review
I feel unfulfilled. I feel like something was missing from this story.

Like I told the author the ending felt very abrupt. I get her need to leave the readers feeling the same way as Eva but I just thought we needed some type of a small resolution. Eva wanted a one night stand, I think she should have gotten something to that extent with all the angst that comes with that. I know she wants more and I can see that's what Clark's got up his sleeve but alas we were cut off short.

I think Eva and Clark have something there but with short stories things always feel rushed. I'm glad to hear there will be a book 2. Clark seems to have catty women after him so I'm hoping there will be some bitchiness thats ensues in the next book.

see all my reviews at www.upallnightreviews.blogspot.com

View all my reviews

No comments: