Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Future of Our Past by Kahlen Aymes

The Future of Our Past (The Remembrance Trilogy, #1)The Future of Our Past by Kahlen Aymes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars






Julia Abbot and Ryan Matthews had been inseparable best friends since the moment they met. Each of them fight an internal battle, unwilling to risk their incredible friendship, but unable to quell their deep longing for the other. On the verge of Ryan’s departure to Harvard Medical School and Julia’s for a new job on the opposite coast, they are forced to face the undeniable truth of their deeper feelings and find themselves enthralled in a passion like neither has ever known.

The lovers are faced with forced separation, great distances and other people who try to sabotage their relationship as both of them work to build the shared future they both dream of. When their lives begin to finally gel, Julia is offered an opportunity that will jettison her career to new heights. In light the sacrifices she has made for him, Ryan can hardly deny her, but then something happens to completely change the course of their future. Will Julia choose the chance of a lifetime or the love of her life?

This is a story filled with the powerful and passionate connection we all dream of...a love so transcending, that even if the mind can't remember, it's impossible for the heart to forget.




Juls Review

First off LOVE the names of the main characters and that bracelet, where do i find one of those??? ;)

I'm not a romance hater, I love the idea of love. Makes me feel all mushy and softy inside. But even though Ryan and Julia had so much distance between them we only saw the coupling after all the wait. Had there been more about how they were coping and maybe thrown in more people like Liza and Vincent to make them sway from the relationship a lil I think I would have totally been on board with all the love talk. I think i understood how much they loved each other from page one but it just kept going, like the energizer bunny, the bunny can bee annoying!

Surprisingly enough I knew how this one was gonna end. I'm not talking about the cliffhanger, which really wasnt much of one, blame that one the fact that I know theres a book 2. I kinda figured it out when Julia started taking antibiotics, you put 2 and 2 together and that makes 3, makes sense, dont you think? LOL

I hope Ryan and Julia find their HEA and I hope Julia does go to Paris. She deserves this more than anyone. She's sacrificed so much, moving to the east coast and having to look for a new job. Luckily she didnt have to do a whole lot about that but still she was willing to do what it took for them to be together. Now granted Ryan is on the verge of graduating, he needs to let Julia spread her wings and enjoy the promotion that literally fell onto her lap.

I may one day pick up book 2 but not any time soon. :(

Dont get me wrong, i'd recommend this, just be in the mood for lots of LOVE. LOTS of love talk and some sex! ohhh and speaking of sex, the scene where Ryan surprises Julia and she thinks she's dreaming, WOWZA!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: