Saturday, December 22, 2012

Confidant - by Liliana Anderson - Guest Post


Biography Title: Confidante: The Brothel

 Author: Liliana Anderson 
 Date Published: 10/22/12

Ok, I'll admit it - My mother in law used to be a sex worker. It's something that she has confided in few people outside her immediate family until me. We are polar opposites in many ways but we get each other - as a result I have become the confidante in her life which is how this series has been born. In 1989, Angelien was 32 when she made the decision to enter a brothel to help support herself and her two sons. She quickly became the most popular girl there with her Kathleen Turner looks and her excellent 'acting' skills. Confidante: The Brothel is a collection of Angelien's most memorable stories of her month working in the brothel. This is a biography about friendship, discovery and of course sex.









 Practical Advice for Beginning Biography Writing

When you decide to write a biography it is very important to make sure you are telling a story that people want to read. Every one of us has led a fairly interesting life at some point, but the question is - is that life so interesting that people want to hear about it, and then repeat it to others?
I asked that of myself before writing Confidante: The Brothel.
By the time I had started writing Angelien’s story, I had already known her for more than ten years and her stories were fairly commonplace for me by then. The best thing I did was start to tell her stories to some friends. If I was out attending a girls night, I would tell some of the stories she had given me to those I was sitting with and found that suddenly all other conversations stopped and I became the centre of attention. The next time we went out, I would be asked for more stories – the girls I know kind of became voyeurs in a life that not one of them was willing to lead, and it fascinated them.
The best advice I have is to start telling the story to others, if their eyes glaze over – it’s not a good idea; if their eyebrows shoot up and others start to merge into your conversation – then you probably have something to write about.



Author Bio: 
Liliana Anderson Australian author of Confidante: The Brothel - Lilliana is a wife, mother of 4 and friend to many. She lives a relatively quiet life in suburban Melbourne and spends most of her spare time writing the Confidante series as well as a racey drama of love and loss with the working title ‘What Might Have Been’.


Contact Information

Buy Links




No comments: