Thursday, March 7, 2013

Never Too Far by Abbi Glines


Never Too Far (Too Far, #2)Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


He had held a secret that destroyed her world. 

Everything she had known was no longer true. 

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.
Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again. 
What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately? 

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.





EXCERPT: 
You don’t have to go with him. I told you that I could fix this. You have me, B. You’ve always had me.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat wishing this were true. Cain believed it. I could see it in his face. But I knew better. If I needed a friend, Cain would be there but he was no one’s savior.

I pulled my bag up higher on my shoulder and thought carefully about how to explain this to him. He wouldn’t understand the truth. Bringing up how he had failed me when my mom was sick and I was so alone would only hurt him. “I need to do this. Who knows, I may be right back here in a couple days or a week. I don’t know. But I do know that I need to face this.”

Cain let out a frustrated growl and ran his hand through his hair. “You don’t trust me to take care of you. That hurts so damn much.” He let out a defeated laugh. “But then why should you? I let you down before. With your mom… I was a kid, B. Things are different now. I know what I want. I… God, B, I want you. It’s always been you.”

A lump formed in my throat. Not because I loved him but because I did care for him. Cain was a big part of my life. He had been for as long as I could remember. I closed the distance between us and reached out and grabbed his hand. “Please, understand. This is something I have to do. I have to face this. Let me go.”

Cain let out a weary sigh. “I’m always letting you go, B. You’ve asked that of me before. I keep trying but it’s slowly destroying me.”

I had always thought that Cain had moved on. That when he’d chosen all those other girls over me that his feelings for me had changed. Seeing the broken desperate look in his eyes now I wondered if I’d misunderstood.(less)






Jen's review
Awesome!! I was anxious to read this considering how the last book left! We knew Blair was going to get pregnant after that last time - wow!

Things are still strained with Blair and Rush - She just doesn't know what to do, but she knows now that she's pregnant, she has to figure it out, and fast -

At the grave site, she talks with her mom, and just as Becka walks up, Blaire knows that this is the sign she needed. Unfortunately it meant Becka needed Blaire to come back to Rosemary to be her roommate, and Blaire wasn't sure she could handle it. She knew she had to keep the baby a secret, but when Woods offered her her old job back, she couldn't pass up those tips.

So now Blaire's back... And Rush couldn't be happier.

When A few people stumble on the fact that Blaire's pregnant, she is suddenly around people who want to help her. And she loves this. But she knows it wont last.

After the morning sickness slides away, the new pregnancy dreams kick in. I've been pregnant a few times, never once had an exciting pregnancy as Blaire did, but hey, everyone is different, right :)

When Rush gets the feeling that Blaire is a little more excited to see him than he had hoped, he pushes her as far as she'll let him. Instant regret appears, and he doesn't understand what's going on.

Blaire wants to tell Rush, but knowing that he'll always choose Nan and his mom over her, she didn't want to ruin this child. She wanted this child to feel loved and special. She didn't want it to feel like it wasn't good enough for it's father.

So Blaire kept pushing, but the dreams kept coming, and she had a hard time keeping away from Rush.

Rush is a sweetheart throughout this whole book. He is far different than the dominant playboy in the first book. He takes charge of things, though but his feelings for Blaire come first, always... at least until Nan starts to get in the way...

This was a cute story - not my favorite of Abbie's but I did enjoy it.
I hear on Facebook this was supposed to stop after 2 books, but the fans have convinced her to write a 3rd. I'm excited to read about the pregnancy and how things really play out with Nan after the "Truth" comes out - I'm also anxious to find out who Wood's hooks up with. He's too nice of a guy to be alone!!!! And Grant! When does he get his story??

Too many nice guys :)

View all my reviews

No comments: