Saturday, March 9, 2013

Wait for You by J. Lynn

Wait for YouWait for You by J. Lynn,  Jennifer L. Armentrout 


Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…





EXCERPT: 
Copied from Goodreads

It was a lame excuse, but it was the best I had. “How do you really ever truly know someone?”

Brit smacked her hands to her cheeks and she shook his head. “He’s not a serial killer.”
“Speaking of serial killers, everyone thought Ted Bundy was a really charming, handsome man. And look how he turned out. Psycho.”
Jacob stared at me, jaw slightly unhinged. “He’s not Ted Bundy.”
“I don’t understand,” Brit whispered. “It’s like someone saying that Earth is flat. Cam is like one of the most eligible bachelors on this campus, probably in this county and state.”
I said nothing.
“I’m pretty sure I’ve been stunned speechless.” Brit shook her head slowly. “I’m absolutely speechless. Someone capture this with a picture.”
“Ha.” Jacob’s grin made my anxiety rise. “Here comes Cam. What a coinkidink.”
I face planted the table and groaned as Brit started giggling. Under the table,
Jacob kicked my leg and two seconds later, I felt Cam before he even spoke a word. I also caught his fresh scent. Was it weird that I knew him by his smell? That did sound weird.
It was weird.
“Uh, what are you doing, Avery?”
In my head, I strung together as many fuck bombs as I could come up with, because I knew—oh, I knew—that Jacob would not keep quiet. “Napping.”
“Napping?”
“Yeah.”
Cam tugged on the back of my cardigan. “Why do I think that’s not what you’re doing?”
I gave an awkward shrug.
He sat beside me, his hand on my lower back, and my clothes must’ve gotten thinner, because I could really feel his hand. “Are you sick?”
“Aw, he’s so concerned!” Jacob exclaimed. “Avery, you’re such a bitch.”
Cam stiffened and his tone was low and something I never heard from him before. “Excuse me?”
I lifted my head, eyes narrowed at Jacob. “I’m not sick.”
“Okay.” Cam glanced around, and Brit broke out into a fit of giggles. “What’s going on?”
Before they answered, I jumped in. “Aren’t you supposed to be in class?”
He frowned. “Class was let out early. Don’t change the subject.”
I opened my mouth, but freaking Jacob swept in. “Avery has just informed us that you’ve been asking her out and she’s been saying no, and we’ve been explaining to her that she’s insane.”
“Well then.” The hard look slipped off his face, and I wanted to slide under the table. “I like this conversation.”
Ugh.
“So it’s true?” Jacob asked, plopping his elbows on the table. “You’ve been asking her out?”
Cam cast me a sideway glance. “I have been, almost every day since the end of August.”
On the other side of me, Brit squealed like she was a plush toy that was squeezed. “Since August?”
He nodded.
Brit turned wide eyes on me. “And you haven’t said a word?”
“I’m sort of offended,” Cam commented.
I elbowed him in the side. “No, you’re not. And it’s not like it’s everyone’s business.”
“But we’re your friends,” Jacob sounded so pitiful that I started to feel bad. He turned to Cam. “We totally support her going out with you.”
Okay. I didn’t feel bad for him.
“I like your friends, Avery.” Cam grinned at my arched look.
“Oh, we think she should,” Jacob said. “Like she should do it right now.
“We also told her you weren’t a serial killer,” Brit interjected.
Cam nodded. “That’s a glowing recommendation. Hey, at least he’s not a serial killer. I’m going to put that on my Facebook profile.”
I smirked.
Jacob was positively glowing. “And she compared you to Ted Bundy.”
“I hate you,” I muttered, pushing my hair back from my face. “I didn’t compare you to Ted Bundy. I just said that you never really know a person. Everyone thought Ted Bundy was a pretty cool guy.”
Cam stared at me, amusement twinkling in his eyes. “Wow. This just keeps getting better.”
“Sorry?” I said, fighting a grin.





Jen's Review


WOW! I really loved this book!
The best thing about reading books by Jennifer - is that she knows how to finish it :) Seriously, nothing gets left out at the end, and she does an awesome job with it :)

Avery doesn't have the best life back at home, which is why she moved to West Virginia. To get away from everything. The truth she can't talk about haunts her, and her parents have never cared enough to do anything about it. So leaving the state just seemed like the best way to start her life as a college student.

She is trying to get out of the bubble she has been in for the past 5 years. Trying to break out of the crowd, but she can't help the way she feels when she's running late to class. All those eyes looking at her.

And when she literally plows into a wall, that isn't really a wall, she can't help but feel out of place once again.

Cam *sigh* what a sweetheart. From the first time Avery ran into him, he was hooked. He knew there was something different about her, but he didn't know what.
When they became partners in Astronomy, Avery tried her best to get out of it, Feeling her resistance, Cam decided to push harder to get Avery to change her mind about going out with him.

Things became comfortable in their friendship, but that past of Avery's kept coming back to haunt her. And when Cam saw part of her secret, she freaked out!

Was Avery able to over come her flaws and let Cam see the real her??

Such a cute story - I really loved that there was more to it though. Those mysterious phone calls and texts, the whole thing really kept you guessing.

Recommending this book to everyone :)

I would really like to read more about these two - something tells me this series isn't over *lack of condom maybe *
But there is also the ending where they're talking about Cam's sister.. maybe Jace?? What about Ollie?  And of course there is Brit who seems to be looking for more than she's letting on - and what about Jacob?? Oh I'd LOVE to hear more about Jacob :D
Not sure on any more upcoming books at the moment - but I will keep my eye out for them :D




Favorite Quotes:
Just a few because there were so many :) 


"He kissed me like he wanted to... eat me up."


"You didn't put a shirt on."
He cast me a look as he headed into my kitchen. "I know it would break your heart not to see me shirtless."


"I'm serious about you, Avery. If you want me for real, you have me."
Closing my eyes, I placed my hands in his chest. "I want you for real."


It was no friendly peck on the lips. When our tongues touched, my bag slipped off my arm and hit the frosted ground.
"Holy crap," Jacob muttered. "I think they're going to make babies."


After about an hour, I decided that shopping for a guy sucked.


"You were perfect- perfect for me-and I love you.


“Jacob is like a sex-starved woman in her mid-thirties, so he can’t possibly understand why you wouldn’t want to take a ride on the town bike.”


“Whoa,” Brit breathed, “That was…”
“Really hot,” Jacob finished.“I thought you two were going to rip off each other’s clothes and start making babies right here on the dirty, beer covered floor. Like I was going to have to start charging admission for what was about to go down.”



“I’d still be nice to you if you were ugly.” “Okay.”  A wicked grin slipped over his full lips. He bent his head down and whispered, “I just wouldn’t offer you any cookies.”  I folded my arms and tried to ignore the close proximity of our faces. “I’m beginning to think cookies is a code word for something else.” “Maybe it is.” He tugged on my bag again as he took a confident step back, forcing me down another step. “And just think about it. If cookie was a code word, whatever it symbolizes, it’s been in your mouth, sweetheart.” 



No comments: