Tuesday, April 9, 2013

One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy

One Week Girlfriend (Drew + Fable, #1)


One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy

New Adult Contemporary Romance
**Mature situations and sexual content - recommended for ages 17+**


Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.





 What kind of book reviewers would we be without the Marshmellows ?? 



Jul's Review 


Going into this book I had absolutely no expectations. From the title though I kinda figured that yeah this fake relationship is gonna be rough at the start and then we'd get our HEA in the end. 

Boy was I wrong and I'm glad too! This had way more!! Drew has a major secret and its not what you'd think. Its horrible and my heart broke for him. But he's trying to do the best thing but cant seem to shake his past. It doesnt help that his past cant be erased out of his life, his only family would be devastated. 

Drew's only way out for this family get together is to bring a fake girlfriend and Fable fits this bill. Known as the town slut will make it easy for him to just rid of her at the end of the week. But his plans crumble right before his eyes. What happens between these two in the short amount of time they have together is beyond explosive! And not just sexually, they find some peace among the chaos that surrounds their lives. It was probably one of the most beautiful love stories I've ever read. 

Fable was a great female lead. She was straight forward and didnt take crap from anyone. Yes she was gonna get paid to be Drew's fake girlfriend and yes this would help her out tremendously with trying to keep food and clothing on her 13 year old brother but she got more than just money. She found a love that was never shown to her by her own mother or father. 

This book brought light to a situation not often talked about and I commend the author for having the guts to publish this book. 

I am very excited to read Second Chance Girlfriend when it comes out. I cant wait to find out what is in store for Drew and Fable.

Great great read! Highly recommend!!!






Jen's review 
I would have given this 5 stars but their HEA could have been better :)
That's all I say about that ..

Cute story I totally loved getting to know Fable and Drew -
Everyone has their problems in life. no one is perfect, but sometimes people are delt really shitty hands in their game of life - some people choose to run away and hide from their problems, which only makes things worse for themselves, And some people take what life gives them and deals with it the best they can.

Fable is one of those people that deals with it. Her mother is screwed up. Only looks after herself, drinking, drugs and hanging out with her boyfriend.
Fable is left to pay the bills, take care of her 13 year old brother, make sure he eats, goes to school and has clothes on his back. Leaving very little time for Fable to have a life of her own.

Then we meet Drew - the other kind of messed up guy. Drew's crappy past has haunted him, and followed him to the point where he hides inside his football, and schoolwork. Everything else is lost to him. He doesn't want to make friends or deal with relationships.

Fable has a reputation that she got from making a few quick bad decisions with a couple of guys. Her reputation grew more and more, truth or not.
But it's because of that reputation, Drew seeks Fable out after work one night. Giving her the opportunity to make some good money to help out her little brother. Give him a few extra Christmas gifts, and more food on the table, Fable takes his offer and becomes his pretend girlfriend for Thanksgiving week when Drew takes her to his father's house.
But she wasn't prepared for how screwed up things were at his house.
Drew has a lot of problems, and he's holding everything back. But there is something about Fable that seems to distract Drew from his memories, and he's able to slowly let things go....

I really loved this story. it was real in a truely f-ed up way.

You really learn to love these two. Their both sweet, caring and wonderful people, just a little messed 





Some favorite quotes from One Week Girlfriend:

-But just as quick as he lets me go, he has me again, his strong arm wrapped around my waist and his fingers resting at my hip.  It’s a very possessive grip, one that I can’t help but find all sorts of hot, and I need to remind myself that this is fake.

-My reaction to him is so ridiculous and I really need to learn how to control it.  Everything between us isn’t real and I have to remember that.  No matter how good it feels.

-Our kissing isn’t for show.  This isn’t to make an impression on others.  We’re kissing each other because we want to.  And we’re not stopping ourselves either.  We’re only two days in to this fake relationship crap and this is where we’re at, wrapped around each other like pretzels and hoping like hell we don’t have to let go of each other any time soon.

-“I feel like an asshole.”
“Yesterday, you were one.” I’m about the say something, but she cuts me off.  “Truthfully? I liked seeing all the anger.  It means you actually feel, you know?”

“I hope these are the right size for you. They look a little small.”
Catty bitch.
Fable offers her a fleeting smile. “Oh, the size is perfect. I just have humongous tits so it always looks like I need to go up a size but I make it work. Drew likes it when they hang out and he can see them. Easier access and all that. Right honey?” 




No comments: