Tuesday, September 17, 2013

If I loved you, by Jean Joachim



If I loved you, 
by Jean Joachim

Does love always mean total truth? Successfully shunning the limelight was one way for Megan Davis to keep her family secret. The press intruded on her life when her twin brother, Mark, became the star quarterback for the Delaware Demons. Disrespectful of tabloid superstars, financial advisor, Meg, was shocked when she was tapped to launch a celebrity division in the prestigious investment firm, Dillon & Weed. The biggest surprise: the charisma of her first client.

Gorgeous, magnetic movie star, Chaz Duncan, wary of women who wanted to bask in his fame or sell his secrets to the media, valued privacy above all else. Would attractive Megan Davis, his new financial advisor charm the truth from him or would he continue his high profile but lonely existence to keep his secret safe? Jealousy, deceit and scandal threaten two careers and the quest for true love and trust in this roller-coaster-ride contemp




Teaser 1

Megan took a big swig from her water bottle before she picked up the papers on her desk. “I’ve prepared some questions to help me understand your needs, Mr….ah, Chaz.”
     “My needs? You don’t really mean needs, do you?” He chuckled while his gaze raked            her body.
     “I mean your financial needs…ah, maybe goals is a better word.”
     “Ah, goals, yes. Goals works for me.”
    “If we can agree on three goals, then I’ll prepare sort of a proposal…”
    “Proposal? You’re going to propose to me? We’ve known each other such a short time!” He lifted his eyebrows in mock shock.

Teaser 2


 Panting a bit, Chaz placed his hands on her hips to move her away from his body. Meg moved her hands down his chest slowly, imagining what it looked and felt like underneath his shirt. Does he shave his chest hair for the movies? Hope not. Curiosity ate away at her but she couldn’t muster the nerve to ask. Before he noticed, she had unbuttoned two of his shirt buttons and slipped her hand inside. Oh, God!

Teaser 3

I’m not falling for him. This is ridiculous. No more celebrities. No more dates.
Megan padded into her bedroom to undress. She stared at her queen size bed, envisioning Chaz there waiting for her. The image gave her goose bumps. Stop, Meg! He’s unattainable. A guy like him would never fall for someone like you. Give it up. You’ll only end up unhappy. That’s what Mom would say. And she’d be right. Still, he’s so…so kissable...so nice.






Jean Joachim
Author Information:

I didn't start writing until about 17 years ago. I had two small children and used to get up at 5:30am to write for two hours before they got up.
No one believed I could be a writer...least of all me...but I was driven to do it anyway. Like an addict I was compelled to write.

I started out writing 500 word articles on advertising, business and parenting, based on my own experience. Lo and behold, after my first article failed, everything else I wrote got published.

This was exciting and encouraged me to attempt my first book, "Beyond the Bake Sale, the Ultimate School Fund-Raising Book."

I got an agent from a friend of mine and she found a top publisher, St. Martin's Press, with a fabulous editor, Elizabeth Beier and I was off.

After six more non-fiction books were published, I tried my hand at fiction. One cold day last January, while I was recuperating from loss and illness, Callie and Mac landed in my head and told me their story. I flew to my computer to get it all down, just the way they were telling me.

"Now and Forever, a Love Story" was born. The characters have no resemblance to anyone I know and, least of all, to me. They are completely formed total strangers that leaped out of my head and onto the page.

It was a wonderful experience, listening to their story. I fell in love with them. After the book was done, I couldn't let them go. They were kind enough to bring another character to the forefront, Danny Maine who told me his story and "Now and Forever 2, the Book of Danny" was born.

After that I became a writing machine, writing seven days a week as many as seven hours a day. I finished "Now and Forever 3, Blind Love", the first two books in the Moonlight Series: "Sunny Days, Moonlit Nights" and "April's Kiss in the Moonlight". And the first two books in The List series: "The Marriage List" and "The Love List". I am finishing up the last books in these current series and will begin a new series in 2013, "Hollywood Hearts".

I hope you will keep reading as I intend to keep writing until the stories run out, which doesn't appear to be soon! Thank you for buying and reading my books.

Best wishes,
Jean





Contact the Author:


Twitter is @Jeanjoachim







Jen's Review 

Cute story - I enjoyed getting to know Meg and Chaz - 
Chaz is a Big time actor, and he's well known for his looks - 
But when he meets Meg, his Financial Adviser, his whole word as he knows it changes. 

Meg is use to the star struck famous guys .Her twin brother Mark is pretty far up there. So when good looking Chaz comes into her office, she has to think twice about the looks he's giving her. 

Chaz moves pretty fast, so I was a little taken back by the way he kissed her at their meeting/dinner. But that one kiss seemed to let Meg know that he wanted her for more than just her Harvard brains and his money. 

Things start to progress well when Chaz comes over to practice for his next audition. And Meg helps him with tuning up his vocal cords. 

When Chaz does something he thought would be nice, turns into a disaster, things start to turn south for the two that are so much in love. 

 Cute story - they started off  fast, which made it a quick paced book to read :) 

1 comment:

Jean Joachim Books said...

That you for having me on your blog. It's very cool! Thank you also for the review.