Friday, September 13, 2013

Wethering the Storm by Samantha Towle

Wethering the Storm (The Storm, #2)

 Wall Street Journal Bestseller!


Music journalist Tru Bennett has done the impossible: capture the heart of rock-star bad boy Jake Wethers. Now they’re busy planning a wedding and navigating their new life together in the US. Of course Tru misses London and her best friend, Simone, but living happily ever after with Jake in LA is going to be great…right?

Wrong. Even the bright California sun can’t whitewash the dark side of celebrity coupledom. Greedy music execs, merciless paparazzi, and Jake’s wild past are lurking around every corner. Making matters worse, Jake announces he doesn’t want kids, which just may be a deal breaker. 

Tru loves Jake more than anything. But when a devastating crisis threatens to destroy everything they’ve fought for, the couple must face the hard truth: What if, this time, love is not enough?



Wethering the Storm - SNEAK PEEK
taken from Samantha Towle's blog

Pushing my sunglasses from my eyes to rest on top of my head, I tilt my face toward the still hot, early-evening sun. Letting my leg dangle off the edge of the lounger, I push my toes into the soft white sand. Jake is beside me on his own lounger, his hand in mine, fingers laced together, as he talks on the phone to Stuart.

“Just tell them to do the job I pay them to do. If they have a problem with that then remind them they are not irreplaceable…I know. Fuckin’ idiots…Oh, you know that thing I asked you to do for me…you did? Good, thanks.”

With a sigh, Jake ends his call and tosses his iPhone onto the side table.

“All okay?” I ask, turning my head to look at him.

God he is beautiful. I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to how breath-stealing Jake truly is.
He looks even more stunning here, with his skin sun-kissed, causing the freckles on his nose to show more prominently. He looks yummy delicious.

“Hmm? Yeah, everything’s fine,” he answers, sounding a little distracted. “Just people not doing what I pay them to do.”

“You want to talk about it?”

“No.” He lifts my hand to his mouth and brushes his lips across my knuckles, placing a specific kiss on my ring. “There are a lot of things I want to do with you while we are here, Tru, and talking about work is not one of them.”

Ignoring his desire to not talk about work, I say, “Do you need to get back to LA early to sort the problem out?”

Jake shifts onto his side to face me. “No. You and I are spending time together here, alone. Nothing and no one will get me off this island and away from you. I plan on spending the next five days keeping you in as minimal amount of clothes as possible, if not none at all, and spending most of that time fucking you senseless.”

A shiver runs down my spine.

I love it when he talks to me like this. Dirty and domineering. It’s incredibly hot.
- See more at: http://www.samanthatowle.co.uk/books/wethering-the-storm#sthash.x9jKZI5G.dpuf




Samantha Towle
Samantha Towle

About this author edit data
Samantha Towle began her first novel in 2008 while on maternity leave. She completed the manuscript five months later and hasn’t stopped writing since. She is the author of The Mighty Storm, The Bringer and the Alexandra Jones series, all penned to tunes of The Killers, Kings of Leon, Adele, The Doors, Oasis, Fleetwood Mac, and more of her favourite musicians. A native of Hull and a graduate of Salford University, she lives with her husband, Craig, in East Yorkshire with their son and daughter.

You can find Samantha at -

Facebook: Books by Samantha Towle - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Books-...

Twitter: samtowlewrites

Website: http://www.samanthatowle.co.uk/




Juls Review 
My Review 4 of 5 Stars
Okay, got WAY more SAP than I thought I was gonna get in this one. I think I was ready for this one to be done by 50% :/
I got through it and I really enjoyed it. I love Jake's dedication to Tru and even tho his internal battle for that thing that makes everything, good and bad, go away he wants to stay true to his girl.

But Jake's having a rough time. He's just "replaced" Jonny and he is feeling really low. Jonny's parents found out and they were pretty pissed but Tru once again steps up to the plate and smooths everything over.

Same scenario for the BIG news they get about how their lives are going to change forever. They both run away from their problem thinking theres no way to fix it but really if they just keep communicating things will work out in the end.

Jake and Tru might not have started their love story the right way but the middle and their future looks very bright.
This was def a feel good love story.

ohh and on a side note i cant wait until Tom's story!!!






Jen's review 
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How do you NOT love Jake :)

He actually got me a little worried in this book - I know Jake loves Tru, it's inevitable, but he started out really sappy - like totally drooling over Tru's feet and bowing to her every whelm - Don't get me wrong, Jake is still Jake - but the in love with Tru Jake??

I still gave it it 5 stars, because I'm a total sap for guys falling for their long lost love - and these guys are great together -

When Tru finds out she's pregnant, she gets freaked out - Jake doesn't want kids - the last thing he wants is to screw up someone else's life the way his father screwed him up -
So when Tru finally gets the courage to tell Jake , his reaction is over the top! I was floored!! Seriously!!

But Jake is Jake, right, and the one thing he fears in the world is to lose Tru again - so he's going to do whatever he can to make sure that doesn't happen. makes sense

This book has a few ups and downs, twists and turns, and it's sweet as all -

Awesome ending to a Fabulous Couple :)

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Craves the Angst said...

Awesome review guys! I still haven't gotten to this one, but Im soooo close.. I need my Jake fix ;)