Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chronicles of Surrender - books 1 & 2 by Roxy Harte

Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)Sacred Secrets by Roxy Harte
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Going through my older reviews until I finish the book I'm reading :D 
This was THE first BDSM book/series I have ever read, I still get flashbacks 


Celia sold herself in a bargain for rough play and a great story--not murder Celia Brentwood, fetish reporter for San Francisco's Inappropriate Voices, agrees to auction herself off as a BDSM slave for thirty days. She plans to write a first-person expos, but after she's purchased by Garrett Lawrence, the most eligible gay bachelor in town, her story becomes an insider peek at the man once accused of killing his lover. Garrett still mourns the loss of his beloved, but the past is hard to forget when it's stalking him. The real killer is obsessed with Garrett...until Celia's deception is discovered and the killer decides she's the perfect route to his prey.(


Jen's Review
This BDSM book was different that the ones I've read before - This wasn't a fast erotic BDSM story at all! This was a full strong hearted Erotic BDSM Romance Novel! And I can't WAIT to start the 2nd book to this series!

Wow! Where to begin! The story takes place without skipping a beat- we are inside Celia's head as she is being taken to the Slave auction at the BDSM club - Lewd Larry's - every year they held a charity auction bringing forth the rich and richer who are ready to pay big bucks for a BDSM slave for 30 days.

Celia has doubts, but she talks herself out of it
One thing we learn early on by Celia is that she is afraid - Extremely afraid of pleasure and praise. She doesn't have much experience with BDSM, other than reading up on it. She is afraid of the chains and whips, but she knows her part as a slave.

When the auction bidding begins and she sells for $250,000 to non other, Garrett Lawrence, the club's owner.

Garrett (aka Master) holds a torch for his lover that had died 5 years ago. He didn't know the pull he had towards this woman would change his life forever.

The story has a lot more to do than the BDSM stuff - in face the BDSM stuff is very mild - but it's there. I read it more for the curious sake then anything - and I love the whole idea that goes in this story.

Awesome job! I was crying so much towards the end - I seriously have to keep reading to find out how it plays out - that really wasn't what I was expecting at the end ....



Sacred Revelations (Chronicles of Surrender, #2)Sacred Revelations by Roxy Harte
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This series just keeps getting better and better !




Can one woman serve two masters? Celia Brentwood meets Garrett Lawrence at a time of change. Not knowing what to expect from this man who has suddenly become her master, she submits to him and discovers how pleasure and pain combine to create euphoria. Garrett then introduces her to the care of Lord Fyre, a man who sees into her heart and understands her darkness. Leaving her master to be under the three month tutelage of Lord Fyre proves to be harder than she imagined, but the greater difficulty is returning to Garrett. She's a different woman than the one who left him. Celia struggles with powerful emotions for each. Both men have dominated her body. Which man will claim her heart? Content Warning: Shibari, BDSM, Multiple sex partners


Jen's Review
At first I was a little shy about reading this story though -
Not sure I fully understand Kitten's /Celia's / Sophia’s way of preference - not that I should - but I'm very curious about the whole BDSM thing - I hate pain, but the more I read, the more curious I am ..

The cat cage - That was the one thing that had me confused the most - I'm not sure if I pictured it right in my head, or what, but hey, to each their own :) Sophia loved it :)

In this story - we're picking up where the last book left off. Celia goes back to her house for one more night with Garrett before heading to Lord Fyre's house for their 3 months of darkness.

Things are complicated in Garrett’s head. He understands why she needs to do this, but letting her go is the hardest part - and would can blame him?

Jackie is on a one way road trip to Drama-ville - she is totally against this and voices her opinion to Garrett very much - She gets him upset in so many different ways, the poor guy doesn't know what to do anymore.

Lord Fyre - ahh he does have a sadistic side - and a soft side :) during the 3 months they are together, he teaches Sophia (his pet name for her - have to read to find out why though :) the pain and the pleasures, the emotional, physical and everything in between.

She loves it, she hates it, she doesn't know what to do with it - but she sure as hell doesn't want it to stop! She has all these feelings inside her that she must... get .. out!

Just before the 3 months is up, Lord Fyre gets a phone call and he must leave to Egypt to help out his "wife" and children (I was confused up until that about about their relationship but it all makes sense now)

SO Lord Fyre calls up Garrett to pick up Kitten and Lord Fyre takes off - but not until after they're last night together :)

Great stuff - loved everything about this book - How Lord Fyre brings out her darkness and Garrett brings out her lightness - she needs both her men to make it complete..

I know there are 2 more books to this series - but I love how this one ended! I'm kind of scared to go forward .....
BUT I'll start it this morning anyways :)

No comments: